What type of maintenance should I be performing on my bike?
We recommend having your bike inspected by a certified and reputable bike mechanic before your first ride, followed by regular maintenance.
- Store your bike in a clean, dry place to avoid rust.
- Keep components tightened to the torque specifications listed in the Recommended Torque Values section of the user manual.
- Ensure the frame latch and handlebar latch are locked in place before riding.
- Clean and lubricate moving parts regularly.
- Clean your bike frame with a wet rag and low residue cleaner. After cleaning, lubricate where necessary.
- Ensure your bike tires are always inflated to a pressure within the recommended range printed on the tire sidewalls.
- Before each ride ensure all electrical wires are connected.
- For the Lectric XP and the Lectric XP Step-Thru, inflate your tires to the pressure listed on the tire sidewall.
- Lubricate chain until there is little noise from the drivetrain; we recommend using Tri-Flow chain lubrication.
- Check that all hardware is tightened to the torque specifications listed in the Recommended Torque Values section of our user manual.
- Check your brake pads for signs of wear and replace if necessary.
- Check your bike’s shifting performance and adjust the derailleur if necessary.
- Clean the bike with a low residue cleaner; we recommend using Simple Green. Use a rag to dry everything completely.
- Check spoke tension and adjust if necessary. The recommended spoke tension can be found in the Recommended Torque Values section of our user manual.
Please refer to our manual for a more detailed guide.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (602) 715-0907.