How do I change the speed to 28mph?
How to change the top speed on your Lectric XP
Use the steps below to access the program settings in your display. Detailed instructions on how to access your program settings can be found in your Lectric owner's manual. This process will help make your bike a class 3 biking machine!
- Access the menu settings by pressing and holding the plus and minus buttons on the control pad simultaneously until the screen says "P1".
- From here you can cycle through settings by hitting the power button on the control pad. Adjust the settings by pressing the plus or minus buttons on the control pad.
- Go to setting "P08" and change it from 32 to 45 or higher. (These numbers correspond to Km/H)
- Press and hold the plus and minus buttons on the control pad until the main screen is shown once again.
- Power the bike off by holding the power button to save the settings you have just changed.
- After changing your settings, peel off the class 2 sticker on the bike's frame, below the seat, to reveal a Class 3 sticker. This change is required by law, as eBikes must be properly labeled with their top speed, nominal motor output, and class.
Keep in mind that with your eBike unlocked, the throttle is still limited to 20mph. Pedaling your eBike in PAS level 5 will allow you to achieve a top speed of up to 28 mph.
The three classes are defined as:
- Class 1: eBikes that are pedal-assist only, with no throttle, and have a maximum assisted speed of 20 mph.
- Class 2: eBikes that also have a maximum speed of 20 mph, but are throttle-assisted.
- Class 3: eBikes that are pedal-assist only, with no throttle, and a maximum assisted speed of 28 mph.
To find out what the regulations are in your state refer to this map provided by People for Bikes. Also note that regulations change regularly and vary between state, city, municipality, and even trail. Please ensure you familiarize yourself with local laws and abide by them while riding.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (602) 715-0907.